As of 4/1/21 both in-person and telehealth video visits are available.
Click here to read more about my in-person policies Informed Consent 6-1-2020 COVID in person
How often will we meet?
- That depends on why you are coming in. For therapy, the expectation is to meet once a week.
- For EMDR Therapy sessions, it is strongly recommended that once we get to processing your traumatic memories, the we meet for 90-120 minutes as the research shows this is the best strategy. This may not be possible if you are using insurance as insurance limits the amount of time per session.
- If you are seeking a letter of support for hormones or surgeries, I will need a minimum of 3-5 sessions to evaluate you and determine if I feel that writing a letter is appropriate. If there are issues that are uncovered that need more time or attention, I will let you know.
- I will always work with you to find the best fit for your particular needs and interests.
What are your office hours?
Monday through Thursday.
Evening appointments available
Do you offer telehealth?
Yes I do offer telehealth services (therapy done by video)
Typically I offer telehealth as an option to previously established clients and it is done so by previous agreement.
During this unprecedented time, telehealth is my primary mode of service delivery
Click here for a copy of the Informed Consent 1-5-21 telehealth
What are you doing to address coronavirus?
I offer telehealth services and am doing all that I can to minimize the risk of exposure to those who want to meet in person in my office. For a more comprehensive overview of what I am doing, click here.
How can I communicate with you? Text? Email?
You should know that any emails and/or text messages received from you and any responses sent by me will become part of your therapy record.
I do not communicate with, or initiate contact with, any of my past or present clients through my personal social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or Linked In. If I discover that I have accidentally established a personal online relationship with you, I will end that relationship and discuss it with you at our next session. This is because these types of casual social contacts can create significant security risks for you and inadvertently violate your privacy.
If you choose to follow one of my professional social media pages, please be mindful of the lack of privacy and confidentiality of anything you post, and do not attempt to engage in a clinical or administrative conversation with me on these sites. If you do so, I will not respond until we meet in person, and I will delete your post.
Please know that if we use electronic communications methods, such as email, texting, online video, and possibly others, there are various technicians and administrators who maintain these services and may have access to the content of those communications.
Of special consideration are work email addresses. If you use your work email to communicate with me, your employer may access our email communications. There may be similar issues involved in school email or other email accounts associated with organizations that you are affiliated with. Additionally, people with access to your computer, mobile phone, and/or other devices may also have access to your email and/or text messages. Please take a moment to contemplate the risks involved if any of these persons were to access the messages we exchange with each other.
Directions from 5N
- Take the Del Mar Heights Rd exit
- Turn left onto Del Mar Heights Rd
- At the third light turn right onto Camino Del Mar
- Go through one light and two stop signs
- Turn right onto 14th St.
- The office is on the right.
- The office is located on the second floor and there is no elevator
- Turn left at the top of the stairs and the office is straight ahead
- Have a seat in the waiting area and I will come get you at your appointment time
There is parking lot off of Camino Del Mar between 13th and 14th Street. There are also a few spots in front of the office for patients and there is plenty of two hour parking on all of the streets around the building.