How often will we meet?
- That depends on why you are coming in. For therapy, the expectation is to meet once a week.
- For EMDR Therapy sessions, it is strongly recommended that once we get to processing your traumatic memories, the we meet for 90-120 minutes as the research shows this is the best strategy. This may not be possible if you are using insurance as insurance limits the amount of time per session.
- If you are seeking a letter of support for hormones or surgeries, I will need a minimum of 3-5 sessions to evaluate you and determine if I feel that writing a letter is appropriate. If there are issues that are uncovered that need more time or attention, I will let you know.
- I will always work with you to find the best fit for your particular needs and interests.
What are your office hours?
Monday through Thursday, Saturday
Evening appointments available
Do you offer telehealth?
Yes I do offer telehealth services (therapy done by video)
Typically I offer telehealth as an option to previously established clients and it is done so by previous agreement.
During this unprecedented time, telehealth is my primary mode of service delivery
What are you doing to address coronavirus?
I offer telehealth services and am doing all that I can to minimize the risk of exposure to those who want to meet in person in my office. For a more comprehensive overview of what I am doing, click here.
Can I text you?
In general, I reserve texting for appointment related communication. Text is not secure, so I do not communicate about clinical matters in this way. Texting should never be used for emergencies.
Directions from 5N
- Take the Del Mar Heights Rd exit
- Turn left onto Del Mar Heights Rd
- At the third light turn right onto Camino Del Mar
- Go through one light and two stop signs
- Turn right onto 14th St.
- The office is on the right.
- The office is located on the second floor and there is no elevator
- Turn left at the top of the stairs and the office is straight ahead
- Have a seat in the waiting area and I will come get you at your appointment time
There is parking lot off of Camino Del Mar between 13th and 14th Street. There are also a few spots in front of the office for patients and there is plenty of two hour parking on all of the streets around the building.